21 January, 2007

Test of Conviction


"Test of Conviction," ink pen on paper.

Date begun: maybe 14th January, 2007.
Date completed: 20th January, 2007.

Artist comments: "Test of Conviction" is actually from a book of Chinese Fairy Tales. I took the one-page story and put it into pictures on twice as many pages. As far as I can see, it's not too bad for doing no preliminary sketches, no pencilling beforehand, and having only a rudimentary conceptual layout prior to putting pen on paper. The end of the second page shows this rather clearly, I'd say. There's only one panel I definitely wish I did differently; the one showing the two of them traveling to the fortress is just way too busy for my tastes.

This isn't for Illustration Friday or anything like that. It's a story I found amusing, and I just felt like seeing what I would create. Incidentally, I would have used PNG files, but they wouldn't fit on a 3 1/2-inch floppy disc (WinZIP never did a damn thing for graphics files...). I had to use JPG files, which in my opinion is second-best in terms of quality and file size.

this work protected by a creative commons license. more information is available on the main page.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracey Hedrick Graham said...

Awesome! Sorry it took me so long to check it out. You should do more of this style/type. I'd like to see some painting or colored versions as well. You have a cool painting/coloring style with your other work. Now I need to go get my butt in gear! :)

06 February, 2007 12:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home