24 April, 2007

illustration friday: polar

"polar," for illustration friday. ink (pen and marker) on paper.

date begun: 24th april, 2007.
date completed: 24th april, 2007.

artist comments: i clearly needed to remind myself to maintain a sense of humour about things today. this picture was finished in less than an hour, and i think it was a lot of fun. it reminds me of a power rangers villain or something similar.

this work protected by a creative commons license. more information is available on the main page.

4 Comments:

Blogger Arkonbey said...

Oh, man. I am still laughing about that. It is reminiscent of a Power Rangers' villain. Or maybe an old SuperFriends' baddie. No. The incongruity of the kilt make it more a P.R. villain.

You know, I so want to see this expanded into a comic. At least a one-shot.

24 April, 2007 19:55  
Blogger Arkonbey said...

oh, yeah. Thanks for the comments. If you feel like writing an adventure for the pair, let me know!

24 April, 2007 19:58  
Blogger harmoniousjosh said...

Dude needs to be careful around sharp magnetic objects.

25 April, 2007 21:30  
Blogger coco said...

I think that I would vote for a Super Friends villian. I could hear the announcer voice-over filling us in as he tries to pull Superman out of the air: meanwhile Wonder Woman is firing up the invisible jet to capture the bad guy with her invisible lasso. COOL PICTURE

26 April, 2007 01:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home